Summer lingers – Fall approaches!
Fall technically is at the end of September – I don’t know about you, but I’m ready for a break in the heat!
Bulky Item Pickup News: I am happy to report that we are getting a dedicated weekend for bulky item pickup for our neighborhood due to the street reconstruction project. Milburn Fields will be scheduled for October 16th.
Note: bulky item drop-off is still the normal weekend of Sept. 11. Learn more at this link here!
Sean will be handing out Tree Flags to streets that have be graded and top soil replaced. You will use the flag mark where you want your replacement tree, and the City and Sean will work together to confirm locations are approved. Sod is also coming soon, I will be sure to keep you posted! More information is available on the HOA website!
Street Project Updates as we near the end:
- 72nd Terr should be considered CLOSED to all traffic – other than residents who live on that street. Please utilize other streets for driving through.
- Parking remains challenging, please be aware and park with consideration to provide access for Miles crew members to work.
- Once concrete starts to pour, Miles will shut off access to drive on the streets for 10-14 days (sometimes sooner!).
- Contact information for the ‘shuttle service’ that Miles provides has been added to the Street Project tab on the website. The phone number is (816) 769-7266. That service should only be utilized for the streets when paving is occurring.
- Trash collection process will continue as normal. Please take your bins to the end of your driveway, and if WCA needs assistance reaching your bin, Miles will physically move trash bins to a location that WCA can collect.
- Door tags from Miles are only left when there is significant work planned. While day-to-day work may hinder driving down the street / accessing your drive, a door tag will not be placed if you can still drive. If you need to leave or are returning home, please be patient – they will do their best to let you pass.
- Looking forward to fixing up your yard? Miles will replace with sod this fall. They will water for two weeks, however it is recommended that you water until it is established.
- To sign up to be notified of any Utility Shutoff – go to www.notifyjoco.org or call (913) 826-5555.
Need to submit an OP Cares Ticket? Click here: