Below are links to some resources we’ve pulled together for you — from City information to utilities.
If we are missing a resource you love, please write us at email@example.com.
- Parking of these items is allowed for a limited time. This link to the City’s website will help you prevent a possible violation.
- A link to the City’s home page
- Sign up to receive notifications in the locations you specify. NotifyJoCo is a partnership among Johnson County, WaterOne, and participating cities.
- The Mid-America Regional Council has published resources to provide dozens of ideas for appropriate ways we can update and remodel our homes. You’ll find ideas by home type, going green, updates we can make to make our homes more livable as we age, etc.
Household Hazardous Waste Disposal
- Find information on how to safely dispose of hazardous household waste at no charge, including paint, oil, compact fluorescent bulbs, gasoline, stains, solvents, insecticides and fertilizers.
- Get information and the right forms for your particular needs.
- The city wants residents to enjoy their animals while maintaining peace and quiet in our neighborhoods, protecting property and providing a safe environment for residents and pets.
- Overland Park strives to maintain high standards for the quality of life of our residents. Poor property maintenance affects our environment, health, safety and property values. Use these resources to help maintain the value of your home and avoid a possible violation on your property.
- The City will help cover the costs of materials and/or contractor labor to install rain gardens or native planting swales/buffers, rain barrels, and planting native trees.
Shawnee Mission School District
- Testing your soil gives you accurate information about the type and amount of fertilizer to apply in order to maintain good plant health. This helps protect the environment and can save you money and time.
- Trees in the right of way are a shared responsibility between the property owner and the Parks Services.
What’s Happening In My Neighborhood
- Enter your address in the field provided to get instant access to property, political and crime information, development proposals and more.